Restoration Projects & Funding
Restoration of the exterior of the building continues. Since 2012, the Foundation has spent over $300,000 for historic preservation.
To assist in these ongoing projects, the Historic Landmark Preservation Council has received grants and other funding as follows:
For Windows Restoration:
- A 4Culture Grant in the amount of $14,000
- A 4Culture Grant in the amount of $29,000
- Give Big Campaign contributions in the amount of $14,000
- Give Big Campaign contributions in the amount of $42,000
- In addition, generous contributions have been received from members and friends of the Women’s University Club.
Maintaining a 1922 historic landmark is an honor and a challenge; 2018-19 was no exception. This year’s projects include:
- Fire escape restoration to meet code: $31,000
- Landscaping & maintenance of the 6th Avenue Gardens: $1,400
- Installing a new alley entrance to protect the building: $12,100
Future projects include:
- Cleaning, tuck-pointing, and sealing the brick and terra cotta: $Unknown
- Completing the Windows Restoration Project: $40,000